Tchaikovsky – The Nutcracker – Vinyl LP 180gr HQ
Tchaikovsky – The Nutcracker Suite From The Ballet Philharmonia Orchestra, Efrem Kurtz
CUT AT ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS
FROM THE ORIGINAL ANALOGUE MASTER TAPES
FEATURING THE ORIGINAL SLEEVE ARTWORK
A tall imposing figure, so tall, in fact, that he often dispensed with a podium, Efrem Kurtz was a distinguished Russian conductor, who had studied with Glazunov and Tcherepnin and was a pupil of Arthur Nikisch.
Kurtz had a broad symphonic and operatic repertory and conducted the premieres of works by Copland, Barber, Walton, Hindemith, Stravinsky, Shostakovich and Khachaturian.
But he was most highly regarded for his interpretations of Russian music.
TCHAIKOVSKY: “CASSE-NOISETTE” (“NUTCRACKER”), OP.71
2. No.2: Marche; No.3: petit Galop des enfants et entrée des parents; No.8: Scène; No.9: Valse des flacons de neige
3. No.12: Divertissement: (a) Le chocolat; (b) Le café
TCHAIKOVSKY: “CASSE-NOISETTE” (“NUTCRACKER”), OP.71 (contd)
1. No.12: Divertissement (c) Le thé (d) Trépak (e) Danse des mirlitons
2. No.13: Valse de fleurs
3. No.14(a) Pas de deux (La fée Dragée avec le prince Orgeat)
4. No.14: (b) Pour le danseur (c) Pour la danseuse (d) Coda; No.15: Valse finale
Recorded March 1958, Kingsway Hall, London.
Recording Producer: Peter Andry.
Balance Engineer: Neville Boyling.
Cut at Abbey Road Studios from the original stereo analogue master tapes with the Neumann VMS82 lathe fed an analogue pre-cut signal from a specially adapted Studer A80 tape deck with additional ‘advance’ playback head, making the cut a totally analogue process.
SUPERIOR 180gr AUDIOPHILE PRESSING!