Linn Records Super Audio Collection Vol. 10 – SACD Hybrid
Various – Super Audio Collection Vol. 10
* Hybrid SACD Multi-Channel – Plays on all SACD and CD players
Αποκτήστε μοναδικές εμπειρίες ακρόασης, με τις μουσικές συλλογές από την εξεζητημένη Linn Records, σε Super Audio & Super Audio Surround εγγραφές…
Having reached its ten year milestone this collection of tracks is originally compiled from Linn’s Super Audio CD catalogue.
Volume 10 comprises tracks from across the award-winning label’s most recent releases.
Dip into Linn’s jazz catalogue to share Joe Stilgoe’s enthusiasm for the silver screen with a track from his second movie themes album, Songs On Film: The Sequel.
Making their Linn debut in the last year were young pianist Chiyan Wong with an impressive Liszt recital, Irish Baroque Orchestra, guitarist Sean Shibe and Theatre of the Ayre.
The critics enthused about Bach’s Christmas Oratorio by Dunedin Consort with The Guardian calling it “one of the finest accounts now available”, whilst Phantasm’s Dowland recording earned several five star reviews with Gramophone remarking that it “has all the hallmarks of a classic recording.”
Oliver Knussen added to Linn’s impressive roster of conductors with a dazzling account of Stravinsky’s The Soldier’s Tale; his performance sits alongside those by Robin Ticciati, Trevor Pinnock and Thomas Søndergård who returned to conduct Berlioz, Mozart and Sibelius respectively.
The iconic Gothic Voices brought their thirty years performing experience to bear as they created their trademark evocative sound world on Mary Star of the Sea.
Whether you are discovering Linn for the first time or compiling your 2020 wish list, this collection is for you.
1. Joe Stilgoe – Rainbow Connection 3:21
2. Lorenzo Soulès, Markus Däunert & Aldeburgh Strings – Young Apollo, Op. 16 7:48
3. John Butt & Dunedin Consort –
Aria: Flößt, Mein Heiland, Flößt Dein Namen, From Cantata No. 4, Christmas Oratorio, BWV 248
– Composed By J.S. Bach 4:58
4. Monica Huggett & Irish Baroque Orchestra –
IV. Allegro, From Concerto For Concerto For Flute D’amore, Oboe D’amore And Viola D’amore In G Major, GWV 333 –
Composed By Graupner 4:11
5. Sean Shibe – Farewell To Stromness 4:25
6. Oliver Knussen & Royal Academy Of Music Manson Ensemble –
Music For Scene 1: Airs By A Stream (Excerpt) From Part I, The Soldier’s Tale – Composed By Stravinsky 2:44
7. Thomas Søndergard & BBC National Orchestra Of Wales – III. Poco Vivace, From Symphony No. 6, Op. 104 4:01
8. Chiyan Wong – Grande Fantaisie Sur Des Thèmes de L’opéra Niobe de Pacini-
Divertissement Sur la Cavatine L Tuoi Frequenti Palpiti, S. 419 (excerpt) Composed By Liszt 3:40
9. Elizabeth Kenny & Theatre Of The Ayre – Les Manches Vertes 2:46
10. Gothic Voices – Dou Way, Robyn / Sancta Mater Gratiae 2:40
11. Elizabeth Kenny & Phantasm – Mr. Henry Noell His Galliard 2:02
12. Trevor Pinnock Variations On ‘Mein Junges Leben Hat Ein End’, SwWV 324 6:04
13. Peter Whelan & Ensemble Marsyas -Overture From Il Pastor Fido, HWV 8a – Composed By Handel 3:35
14. Trevor Pinnock & Royal Academy Of Music Soloists Ensemble –
Adagio From Serenade In B Flat Major, K. 361 ‘Gran Partita’ Composed By Mozart 5:19
15. Alastair Miles, Robin Ticciati, Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra & Swedish Radio Choir –
Sermente de Réconciliation From No. 7, Roméo Et Juliette, Op. 17, H 79 – Composed By Berlioz 4:45